Friday, July 27, 2012


Here I am. Right here. See me in my gunmetal gray tank top? See the sparkly beads?  The black cord twisted with glitter?  See my mess of hair? How my eye shadow today is an unnatural shade of pink?  The way it brackets the dark brown of my eyes?  That’s me.  Right here. Right now.

This me has been wearing these jeans a few days too long.  Has been trying to get un-tired.  Has been mourning the lack of tan skin.  This me is re-thinking things I’ve always not re-thunk.  This me is the same as the old me but maybe smarter.  Maybe?

Maybe. Probably not. Who knows.  I know I like eating bowls of cereal once in a while.  I know I watch too much television.  I know I like old rock music more and more and anything with auto-tune less and less. I know I like cake more than pie.  I know I can’t keep ice cream in the house. I know every day is a day I can’t get back and yet I am not taking advantage of that fact.  I know I am a stupid smart person.  I know my brothers are tall.  I know how to drive a stick shift.  I know I will eventually get tired of that Gotye song.  I know I will never not love French fries.  

The end. 
The end.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment